June 18th, 2013
If you are in the food service industry, your equipment needs to work hard every single day. If one of the pieces of equipment breaks down, it could cause you to get behind schedule. The experts at Air Novations offer Winchester, VA food equipment service for all different types of equipment. All the use that your kitchen gets can cause your equipment to develop small problems and issues over time. If those problems aren’t detected early, they could go on to become even larger and more costly problems. Getting regular Winchester food equipment service is a great way to potentially avoid repairs and increase the efficiency of your kitchen. We will visit your restaurant or commercial kitchen on a regular basis to thoroughly inspect your most-important machines and equipment. Doing this has huge potential benefits to your business and we wanted to share some of those benefits with you here today.
- Reduced repair – When you have a professional inspecting all your commercial kitchen equipment they will be able to find small issues and repair them early. This will keep them from turning into larger issues.
- Extended equipment life – Finding problems early could not only reduce the instances of repairs, but it could also extend the life of your equipment. Small problems over the years can completely destroy a piece of equipment, which can lead to increased replacement costs.
- Increased productivity – When one of your pieces of kitchen equipment breaks down suddenly, you lose productivity. By scheduling regular maintenance and repair in advance you can plan for it and work it into your schedule.
No matter what kind of restaurant or commercial kitchen you have, call Air Novations today for all your Winchester, VA food equipment service.
June 12th, 2013
When you have a walk-in cooler, you need it to work consistently. The Haymarket, VA walk in cooler service experts at Air Novations have years of experience working on many different makes and models. We know that it can be hard to tell when you need to get your walk in cooler serviced. Take a look below at some of the signs that could indicate you need to call for walk in cooler repairs, service or maintenance.
Signs You Need Haymarket Walk In Cooler Repair
- Water leaks – Your walk in cooler uses a compressor, fan and coils that operate in a similar fashion to an air conditioning system. As your walk in cooler lowers the temperature inside, it naturally creates condensation. This condensation is supposed to fall into a pan and drain away. But if you start to notice that there are pools of water around your walk in cooler it could mean that the condensate pan or drain is clogged.
- Strange noises – If your walk in cooler has started to make a new or unusual noise it likely means that something has gone wrong. This could be a rattling sound, a squealing noise or even a gurgling sound. These issues mean that you need to call for walk in cooler repair and service.
- Not cooling – If your walk in cooler isn’t able to keep your food cold, then it could mean that it will start to spoil. This problem could be caused by a bad thermostat in the cooler. It could also be the fault of the compressor motor or the fan motor.
No matter what type or brand of equipment you have, the Haymarket, VA walk in cooler professionals at Air Novations have years of experience working on all kind of systems – call today for service!
June 4th, 2013
Is your refrigerator making a strange sound? Does it fail to keep your food and drinks cool? You depend upon your refrigerator to preserve foods and cool beverages during the summer. If you run a restaurant or catering business, then you may have various kinds of refrigeration equipment on the premises, each of which plays an integral part of your operation. Whatever type of refrigeration you have, you need to make sure that it works well. But if it breaks down during the summer, you may be putting what’s inside at risk of spoiling. It can be difficult to figure out whether you need refrigeration repair or not, but if you have any doubts at all, give the experts at Air Novations a call today.
Here are some signs that indicate you may need pro refrigeration repair:
- Leak: One of the most common leaks in refrigeration makes itself known by a pool of water in the front of the unit. There is a variety of reasons why this might happen. The icemaker line may have been punctured during movement, or the defrost drain has cracked. If the pool of liquid doesn’t look or smell like water, it’s probably the fridge’s coolant, in which case you should not hesitate to call for professional advice.
- Frost buildup: When frost builds up on food or on the interior of the freezer compartment itself, it can affect the food itself and reduce the effectiveness of the equipment. Your internal thermostat may be off, or the door gaskets may be cracked. Refrigeration requires a regulated system, so if any moisture is able to get in through cracks in the door seals, then this can become frost inside the unit.
- Not cold enough: If your refrigeration does not seem to be as cool as its thermostat indicates, then there might be a problem with the thermostat’s calibration. It could be faulty, and therefore cannot communicate information to the compressor. A more serious issue would be a malfunctioning compressor or a broken condenser fan.
Make sure you have your refrigeration repair in Fairfax, VA performed by a pro: call Air Novations today to see what we can do for you.
May 27th, 2013
Every year on the final Monday of May, citizens of America come together to honor those who have served our country. Formerly known as Decoration Day, Memorial Day came to prominence after the American Civil War to commemorate the fallen soldiers on either side. Although its origins are somewhat ambiguous, it has always been about bringing people together to recognize our country’s military personnel and history. We want to take this opportunity to thank all the men and women who have served our county.
Memorial Day also marks the beginning of summer. We hope that you have a wonderful day off, and that it is a great start to your summer!
May 21st, 2013
Spring is a great time to consider upgrading your commercial HVAC system. Whether you run a catering business or restaurant, or manage a large cafeteria, you need to ensure that it works effectively and efficiently when you need it to. After all, this is just comfort but the successful operation of your business that is at stake. Commercial air conditioners get a lot more use than residential systems, and while they are built to last, they require professional installation as well as maintenance if they are to operate well for years to come. But perhaps your system is at the end of its tether, and doesn’t quite give you the performance you need. In that case, you may want to consider replacement. But how do you know? Well, there’s no way to know for sure unless you have the technical expertise and industry experience of an HVAC technician. Call Air Novations today for superior air conditioning services in Fairfax, VA.
One of the main reasons for replacement is old age. The technological innovations of the HVAC industry are getting better every years, and that means that today’s commercial air conditioners not only perform much better than those of just 10 years ago, but they also operate much efficiently, and that can lead to energy savings in the long term.
Another reason to replace your system is frequent repairs. If you’re tired of paying for repairs on your old and obsolete air conditioner, then consider air conditioning replacement. It may make more financial sense for your budget to invest in the future of your comfort rather than the past. By propping up an old system, you’re only getting by and delaying the inevitable replacement. Replacing your system now puts you in control.
Another great reason to replace your system is energy efficiency. One of most important considerations of your business or commercial property is probably figuring out ways you can cut costs. One of the largest bills you have in the summer is probably your energy bill. Consider a new AC so that you can keep your energy bill to a minimum.
If you’re in the market for a new commercial air conditioning in Fairfax, VA, call Air Novations today!
May 16th, 2013
If you run a restaurant or catering business, you know how important your freezer and refrigeration equipment is. It stores raw and prepared food, and it can thus make or break a significant amount of your time and resources. If your freezer begins to ice up, then don’t hesitate to call for professional assistance. There are numerous reasons for why it can happen, and only hands-on diagnosis by a certified technician will give you a precise indication of the problem. For Winchester, VA food service repair, call the experts at Air Novations today.
Let’s take a look at a few reasons why your freezer may be icing up:
- Door gasket leak: Your freezer is a closed system. Its refrigerant cycle removes thermal energy from the air and cools the temperature inside. In order to work effectively, however, it needs to be totally insulated and closed. One of the common problems of a freezer icing up is because of an air leak in the door gasket. Those rubber gaskets are meant to create a comprehensive seal between the outdoor air and the indoor air. When the warmer outdoor air enters into the freezer, it can let humidity into the freezer and this will ice up when cooled.
- Evaporator fan fault: Your evaporator fan is responsible for a significant portion of the cooling cycle. It basically blows the cool air into the freezer compartment. But if it doesn’t work properly, then it this air can freeze up the coils themselves and this can lead to ineffective freezing and even ice within the freezer compartment.
- Dirty coils: Dirt, dust, and other debris can create problems for your freezer’s coils. When coils are caked in debris and grime, then they simply can’t perform their thermal dissipation and absorption duties. If the refrigerant flowing through the coils cannot remove heat and cool the air, then it can result in your coils freezing over.
Make sure your freezer works well. The summer months can be hard on your commercial kitchen, but you can ensure success with Winchester, VA food service repair from Air Novations. Call us today!
May 6th, 2013
Whether you run a business or own a commercial property, you need to make sure that your HVAC system is in good working order and that it is operating efficiently. Commercial heating and cooling systems, as well as refrigeration and other food service equipment, require special care due to their size and complex arrangement of components, especially considering that they probably operate 24-7. When you need excellent Fairfax, VA commercial HVAC repair and maintenance, call the experts at Air Novations!
- Overheated compressor: During the heat and humidity of the summer, extra strain is put on your compressor, whose proper operation is critical to the task of keeping your commercial space comfortable. The compressor increases the temperature and pressure of the gas refrigerant to such an extent that its heat flows quickly into the outside air. All of the cooling potential within your depends upon this compression. But airflow problems as well as other issues in the system can cause your compressor to overheat, and this can take down your entire cooling system.
- Low refrigerant: When it was installed, your technician made sure that your new AC had a certain amount of “charge” coursing through its coils. This is the amount of refrigerant required for effective and efficient cooling. When your refrigerant gets low, it can adversely affect performance as well as the amount of energy your system consumes. It is typically caused by a leak somewhere in the coils. Even microscopic leaks can cause serious deficiencies over time, and your tech will not only need to recharge your AC, but also the fix the leak.
- Ductwork damage: Commercial HVAC systems require extensive ductwork, much more than residential systems. Your ductwork is a critical part of your AC system, and when it becomes dirty or damaged, it can significantly reduce airflow, energy efficiency, and cause poor indoor air quality.
Professional routine maintenance is the best way to keep your Fairfax, VA commercial HVAC system (and your business) running for years to come. Call Air Novations for service today!
April 29th, 2013
If you manage or own a commercial restaurant, or food cafeteria, you rely on the efficient and effective operation of your food service equipment on a daily basis. Because they have to endure long hours of continuous use, commercial equipment requires a different order of professional care than residential appliances. Schools and universities alike need to be able to feed hundreds of hungry kids food that is of high quality and prepared safely, according to certain codes and regulations. Your equipment needs to be prepared for such tasks. But when something goes wrong with your equipment, you need to make sure your refrigerators, freezers, ovens, and other appliances are in good hands. For comprehensive Haymarket, VA food service repair, call the experts at Air Novations today!
Let’s take a look at some common pieces of equipment, and some problems that can develop with them.
- Dishwasher: Occasionally, dishwashers can become clogged with debris, especially if plates, glasses, and bowls are not rinsed sufficiently before being placed inside. This can lead to clogs in the drainage, so that your dishwasher may be constantly filled with dirty water.
- Refrigeration: Your commercial refrigeration is a major part of the cafeteria kitchen, both to store raw meats and vegetables for preparation, and to store prepared foods before serving. A substantial amount of labor hours and food is stored there, so if anything happens to interrupt its cooling, such as a malfunctioning compressor or an improperly sealing door, then it could ruin your investment staying cooling inside.
- Freezer: Because you probably rely a lot on the fast serving of prepared frozen foods, your freezer is critical to the operation of your cafeteria. You need to ensure that its thermostat works well to keep food from spoiling, and the door seals keep humid air from entering and freezing up. Freezer burn is also a potential risk that needs to be avoided.
Your cafeteria equipment is critical to the operation of your commercial facility. Make sure you hire someone who knows what they’re doing. Call Air Novations today for excellent Haymarket, VA food service repair.
April 22nd, 2013
If you run a business, or own a commercial property, then you need an air conditioning solution you can rely on to ensure that your clients, employees, tenants, and colleagues are comfortable as they enter your workspace. If you’re in the market for a new air conditioning system, then you need a system that is reliable, energy efficient, and that performs well, no matter how hot or humid it gets outside. Most importantly, you need professional commercial air conditioning installation so that you get the most from your new equipment.
In this post, we’d like to show you the benefits of rooftop units for your Manassas, VA building. Call Air Novations today for more information!
- Location: When it comes to a cooling solution for your office building or restaurant, you need to ensure that the system is in the right location, where it can be accessed for service and repairs, and so that it doesn’t get in the way of your workspace. In short, you need it to be available, but invisible. Rooftop units are an excellent way to ensure that your system runs well, but also that it doesn’t interfere with getting work done, or the aesthetic of your business. Because rooftop units combine all of the components in a single housing, your technician only needs to make to one-stop, and that makes it an excellent option, no matter what the size of your business or commercial property.
- Energy efficiency: Considering how much use your building or business gets, you need to ensure that you’re cutting costs whenever possible. You need a system that’s reliable for years to come, but you also need to make sure your new system is energy efficient. Rooftop units combine all components in a single space, which helps save energy. Rooftop units also can cool much larger spaces than split system air conditioning.
- Combined heating and cooling: Rooftop units can give you both heating and cooling in a single package. This is a great benefit to business and property owners looking to streamline their energy costs, while improving the comfort of the commercial workspace.
For more information about how a rooftop unit could improve your Manassas, VA business, contact the pros at Air Novations today!
April 15th, 2013
If you run a restaurant, grocery, wine store, or any business that requires refrigeration equipment, then you need to make sure that your equipment is ready to work for your 24-7. You invest a lot of your own time to make your business run smoothly and you expect the same from your commercial refrigerator, your walk-in freezer, or wine cooler. Unfortunately, no matter how well our equipment is installed and serviced, eventually the time may come to replace it with new models. Alternatively, if you’re in the market for commercial refrigeration equipment for your new business, then you need to make sure it’s well suited for your particular business needs. In this post, we’d like to run through your Fairfax, VA refrigeration options.
- Commercial refrigerator: Commercial refrigerators are sturdy and built to last. The type will depend on its application. Display and open-air merchandiser refrigerators are made to be consumer friendly so that your customers can select from a wide range of chilled food and drinks. Alternatively, solid door, undercounter, worktop, and dual temperature refrigerators are designed for food preparation, whether for your small catering business, industrial kitchen, or restaurant. Each has its own functionality, and may be combined to increase the efficiency of your commercial enterprise, whatever it may be.
- Walk-in freezer: Walk-in freezers are substantial investments, made for large commercial applications, like grocery stores. They often come with features such as thick polyurethane insulation, defrost timers, and panel fasteners to ensure airtight fits. Because of the size of the cooled space, it needs to be incredibly energy efficient.
- Wine cooler: If you sell or serve wine, then you need to make sure your commercial refrigeration equipment is up to the task. Wines are prized for their subtle and delicate flavors, and such features can be ruined with inaccurate temperatures. Look for a wine cooler that matches your needs in terms of storage as well as temperature control. Today’s wine coolers offer a range of features, including multiple temperature control, digital consoles, and temperature alarms.
Whatever you need in terms of temperature-controlled storage, make sure it’s installed by a professional. Often, such systems require specific electrical supplies and integration within your current commercial space. For Fairfax, VA refrigeration services, call the experts at Air Novations today!